I was tagged by: my old friend Reclusive Reads
And the interrogation begins!
1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'? Blackout by Tim Curran
2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?
"Speaks the Nightbird" by Robert McCammon (audiobook)
"The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway"--a long term project read between books. I have read quite a few of these but doing a re-read and catching any that I missed.
"The Pale Horse" by Agatha Christie. One of her non-series books in which one of the characters is a witch and murder is committed by black magic. Love her writing.
"Animal Kingdom" by Iain Rob Wright
3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'? "The Year of the Ladybird"
by Graham Joyce
4. What book do you plan to read next? "When We Fall" by Peter Giglio
5. Do you use the star rating system? Yes
6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge? Every year I set it at 100.
7. Do you have a wishlist? Yep. Just under 300 books.
8.What book do you want to buy next? Hey Jon, I have "Worlds of Hurt" if you want to borrow it....just sayin. My next book....hmmm. Whatever has a big price drop? There are so many that I want.
9. Do you have any favorite quotes?
“If I had a large amount of money I should certainly found a hospital for those whose grip upon the world is so tenuous that they can be severely offended by words and phrases and yet remain all unoffended by the injustice, violence and oppression that howls daily about our ears.”
― Stephen Fry, Paperweight
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.”
― James Bovard, Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty
10. Who are your favorite authors?
Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Arturo Perez Reverte
11. Have you joined any groups? A bunch on Goodreads. I am most active on the horror ones
12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag? Yes. See # 15
13. What are 5 of your favorite books?
"The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly
"The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway
"Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"The Island of Doctor Moreau" by H.G.Wells
"The Club Dumas" by Arturo Perez Reverte
14. What's your favorite genre? I like mysteries, horror, and literary works, but I like dark stories to be read in spaces where the sun never banishes all of the shadows. I love all things gothic.
15. Movies, books, or both? Books first, with movies a distant second.
B & B (do it for the crumpets)