Boy's Life - Robert R. McCammon First book this year to make my "all time favorites" list. For a lot of us, books like this are why we became life-long readers. I only wish that there were more of them. Boy's Life not only entertained me but reminded me of why I love reading (and movies). McCammon's masterpiece deserves to sit on the shelf with other classic "coming of age" novels like Something Wicked This Way Comes, Dandelion Wine, and IT. It taps right into that magical stage in life when we are about 12 and we learn about the fallibility of adults, mortality (even our own), that evil exists in many forms and that the monsters in this world are not vampires or werewolves but are quite real and sometimes mean to hurt us, and that time is passing---even for us. We learn of the persistence of evil and of good, and that sometimes magic can change the rules. You may find yourself stopping, setting the book down for a minute, and smiling at a particularly beautiful passage or a great scene, or remembering your own youth--maybe even shedding a tear or two and when you leave these wonderful characters behind at the end of the story you will remember them. Because they are us.