Brother Odd - Dean Koontz Ok, this might just be me. In a horror/suspense novel, the villain is key. The villain has to scare the crap out of you or it just doesn't work. This villain just didn't do it for me. I hate spoilers so I will just leave it at that. Reasonable minds differ and all that. And the ending was too abrupt for my taste. Oh, so there is more, is there? Ok, that being said, I would read a book about Odd Thomas going grocery shopping. Although I read the first book only a few months ago, he is one of my all time favorite characters, alternating between making me think and laughing out loud. One reviewer complained that he feels that Dean Koontz is injecting his personal opinions and world view into the novels but that really doesn't bother me at all. I like thinking that there is a lot of Dean Koontz in Odd. What this book was for me was entertaining. It was also very atmospheric. I loved the monastery setting and there is nothing like a good snowstorm that isolates the characters to get the tension building. Can't wait for #4 and #5 to see what Odd is up to.