The Janus Stone - Elly Griffiths The Ruth Galloway series are light English style mysteries with an unusual and, to me, fascinating archaeological angle. Ruth is a forensic archaeologist who assists the police in identifying remains discovered in various locations. Sometimes the remains turn out to be thousands of years old, other times, as here, they are of a much more recent vintage and are evidence of a crime for which the perpetrator may be walking among us. This certainly makes the matter much more dangerous for Ruth and in this installment, she falls squarely in the cross-hairs of the sights of a killer.

Ms. Griffiths writes great original and realistic characters (well maybe not Cathbad but he is so much fun!) that you enjoy revisiting with each installment I have read the first three in this series and are all quite good. The stories and the history are fascinating and her narrative is intelligent and full of wit and humor. If Dame Agatha Christie were still alive I bet that she would read and enjoy these books.