As Far As You Can Go

As Far As You Can Go - Lesley Glaister I received an ARC e-book copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first read by Lesley Glaister and I enjoyed it very much. Strong characterization and deep insight into the motivations and inner thoughts of the main characters are enhanced by a tense plot line and a very thorough creation of place. I really felt the dusty isolation and squirmed at the insect onslaught of the deep outback as characters brushed away jewel toned flies, endless swarms of mosquitos and kicked away beetley creatures the size of small birds.

This novel is not for those that want blood drenched wars of attrition between heavily armed adversaries or hard as nails protagonists. This novel is more about manipulation of regular people. Choices. Where we are when a line has been crossed that leads us to a new line... The unexpected discovery of evil and how we react. What we will do to keep what we (have convinced ourselves) need. I found this novel to be compelling yet completely realistic.

4 stars.